Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fall on the Mesa












Well into autumn in Chinle with some warm sunny days and cold evenings and mornings with occasional wind storms that blow red dust across the land scape and leave me with grit in my teeth and eyes.   Dark comes early but the rose and indigo sunsets that fill the sky are worth the early nightfall.







Creation stories are told only in the winter but with snow on distant mountains it is time.  I went to a string story telling in the hospital hogan.  With a fire in the stove it was warm and toasty.  My "many stars" sting design still needs work.  Can't quite make my fingers work or remember the finger moves but I can see the appeal cosy and relaxing.














Autumn has also found me on the Hopi Mesa buying Kchina dolls, Standin' on the Corner in Winslow Arizona walking in the Little Painted Desert at sunset and watching a bull roping.




No comments: