Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's Not as Easy as it Looks!

What do Navajo Fry Bread and Writing Have in Common?

Navajo Fry Bread.  A simple staple on the rez.  Looks so easy....


 There is a real knack to this:  round it over your fist, stretch it, knead it, flatten it, make it round.  Apparently I have not mastered the technique.   This one ended up on the ground.




I didn't 
 have a grandma to teach me the tricks...there are always tricks of the trade. There are always tricks of the craft or skill...think Navajo weaving(see previous blog).      

I don't think she is amused....

This one is mine...a little misshapen.


But we have plenty to go around...

The proof is in the pudding...with a little salt or sugar sprinkled on top.

Never as easy as it looks...think writing.  How many times have you said (have I said), "I could write a book like that" ?   Like anything else worth doing...it takes practice.

No comments: