1. I wish I had one when I was in school. I think I would have published sooner.
2. I sign lots of books and feel like a diva for a day.
3. I get to share my stories and my galimotos and artifacts from around the world.
4. And answer questions: How old are you? Answer: I published my first book when I was 35, I began writing when I was 12. Do the research on line, solve the math problem. :-)
What is your favorite book that you wrote? Answer: My books are like my children. I have 4 children. I could never say one was a favorite (although the family has suspicions) ;-). They are all special for different reasons and they have all given me some trouble along the way. Every author knows after her book is in print that there are things she could have done to make it better. We save those lessons learned for the next book.
6. I am always impressed how much the students know about writing and how they get right to work in a writing workshop.
These kids inspire me. I need to get back home and begin writing!